Tuesday, July 2, 2019

                  The highwayman 

The highwayman is a poem about a highwayman who is in love with the in
keeper’s black eyed daughter. He promised her that he would do one more
robbery and then he would come back in the morning so he left in the morning
he went back but before he got there he heard a gunshot in the distance. The
next day he heard that in the morning the guards had caught his love and she
died to save him he rode back to the farm and got gunned down and died. The
highwayman.

I love reading these type of stories two times so I can see something I didn't
see before.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Lochy, I like your comment about reading things twice. I have read The Highwayman so many times and I enjoy something new about it every time. Would you like to read more poetry next term?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lochie, i like your story about the highwayman i have never read that story. The way you told the story, it sounds like a sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Riki here from Kaingaroa School. Sometimes I like sad story's and sometimes I don't. But I quite like your story its interesting and its also sad. Did you make up this story? Did you like writing it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey i'm Imogen a very intriguing story id love to read that poem.why did you choose this topic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Marko and i like your writing but i think you could tell us more about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'm Mia. I like your poem. Its got a nice but sad twist to it. Keep up the good work! Why did you write about this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi kade from kaingaroa school that is a cool story you read what book is that in cause i might read it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.